The minutes of a Parish council Meeting held in the church on Thursday July 25th at 7 pm
22/13 Apologies: Apologies were received from Councillors D Pitcher and R Tooke
22/14 Minutes: The minutes of meetings held 12th March and 23rd May were confirmed and signed by the chairman
22/15 Declarations: There were no declarations made
22/16 Post Office: The clerk reported that the BT engineers has still to connect the wiring.
22/17 Whipping Post: Councillor Langford had been unable to collect.
22/18 Norfolk Ass of Local Councils: details of meetings to be held. The clerk was asked to obtain two books. NALC annual Meeting Saturday 5th October.
22/19 Application for the registration of land as a Village Green: An application has been made for the land known as Bintree Woods to become a village green: All councillors support the application.
22/20 Financial Issues: An error in filling in the Audit Form has occurred and the corrections were made and signed by the chairman,
Lloyds TSB Bank advising of changes to be made. Advice given that the Parish Account will now be under Lloyds Banking.
- Bintree Charity repayment of Insurance money £354.07
- Post Office refund of money paid to Birdsall £282
- B E Garrod Rent from Parish Pit (2yrs) £100
- Ladywell Accountancy £25 PAYE
- Ladywell Accountancy £28 PAYE
- J. Jones £20 Bulk Buy scheme fee
- NALC £96.79 Subscription
- G. Holmes £266.58 Wages and expenses
- St Swithuns Church £25 Hire of church
22/21 Highway Matters:
- The damage to the pavement outside the former Post Office has now been repaired.
- The land on which the Paper and Bottle banks are situated belongs to the Norfolk county council. They have been informed of the need to cut the grass.
- The Highway Rangers visit 12 August 2013. There were no requests for work to be carried out.
- The clerk was asked to report to the highways the need to repair the A1067 near the Water Tower.
22/22 Standing Orders: The need to make standing orders relevant to the Bintree Parish Council was discussed. Agreed to the following:
- Meeting are to be held bimonthly on the 4th Thursday of the Month in the months of January,March,May,July, September and November.
- The Annual Meeting will take place in May
- The accounts will be checked before the March meeting by a councillor appointed
- The Parish Budget will be set and recorded at the November meeting
22/23 Asset Register It was agreed that in compliance with rules an asset register for the Council should be drawn up. This was discussed and will be presented at the next meeting. When the clerk will have received information from NALC on the correct way of doing this.
22/24 Village event: The clerk had enquired about the Councils role and involvement in any village event. It is permissible for the council to support any event and a certain amount of insurance cover is provided on the councils insurance. However the chairman felt that any organising of any event should be done by a formed committee. The committee would need to inform the clerk of the events to be held and then a check would be made to see if those events would be covered by the councils insurance. The clerk was asked to put a notice of the board asking for people interested in forming such a committee. Any committee formed would be acting as a sub committee of the Parish council.
Items for next agenda:
- To discover which authority put the blue charity bin on the verge near paper bank and Bottle bank.
- Hedge Cutting for the church (Councillor Langford)