The minutes of a Parish council Meeting held in the church on Thursday Sept. 26th 2013 at 7 pm
35/13 Apologies: apologies were received from Councillors C. Langford, J. Hartley and R. Tooke.
36/13 Minutes: the minutes of a meeting held July 25th were agreed and signed by the vice
chairman G. Frost.
37/13 Declarations: there were no declarations
38/13 Post Office: The wiring is now connected but delays because of a BT engineer needed to fit a socket.
39/13 The guest speaker from “Momentum” Sarah Coote was welcomed to the meeting.
Momentum is a charity funded by the County Council. It is run to help youth work, Sarah works for the Breckland area. She explained the very practical steps any village could take to enable them to begin a youth work or to arrange transport to an existing scheme run nearby. There is a bus in the Fakenham area converted as a youth club, she will try and arrange for the bus to come to the village. The possibility of obtaining a porta-cabin was discussed, the Norfolk RCC could be a help in this matter. Sarah would be able to help with funding opportunities, to come out to meet any young people as would Anita Becket a youth worker for Breckland if asked. JJ agreed to find out the costing of mini bus from Richards bus company, GF will scan the paperwork given to the absent councillors. Sarah was thanked for coming and for the helpful advice, she will email any other information she thinks relevant to the council.
40/13 Whipping Post: In the absence of C. Langford it is not known if the post has been collected.
41/13 NALC: Paperwork received were about meetings being held in the area, Their AGM on
October 5th, A coffee and Chat session and a wildlife soiree, nobody was able to attend any of these
meetings. Information on Green Burial sites was to be passed on to the church.
42/13 George Freeman MP: a letter was received from the MP for our area. GF will scan the
contents to those not at the meeting and it will be put on the agenda of the November meeting.
43/13 Planning: 3PL/2012/0846F A planning application for conversion of building into a holiday accommodation at 34 The Street had been received. There were no objections raised to this application.
44/13 Finance: the following accounts were approved.
- Staples Stationary £40.94
- NLCC Year Books £5.09
- Norse Grounds maintenance £1427.10
- G. Holmes Wages & Expenses £154.49
- Church PCC Hire for meeting £25
- Norfolk RCC Membership fee £20
- Citizens Advice Grant £25
A grant for the citizens Advice bureau was agreed £25
An invitation to become a member of Norfolk RCC was discussed and the Bronze cover at £20 agreed upon.
Lloyds Statement £4625 at the 30th July 2013.
45/13 Highways Matters: the following matters were reported on –
- Pavement near rectory – The footway was resurfaced some time ago. The present problem is not considered dangerous to users.
- Road surface on A1067 near water Tower – An investigation has been carried out and it is below the highways intervention levels and not considered a safety issue. Temporary repairs will be carried out. Resurfacing scheduled for 2015/16.
- Grass Verge near bus shelter need for the grass to be cut – This is part of the NCC Highway authority responsibility, it was noted that it had now been cut.
46/13 Standing Orders: the clerk has been informed that a paper with regard to standing orders will be available after October 4th. To be left until next agenda.
47/13 Asset Register: The clerk was asked to email the draft copy of the Parish assets as compiled by her for discussion at next meeting.
48/13 The newsletter from Environment agency about the river Wensum
49/13 Blue bank for clothes Mrs Holmes reported that she was unable to trace who had placed the bank. She was asked to contact Breckland to report the matter.
50/13 Items for next agenda:
- Waste paper Bank – Clerk reported that a mix up had occurred and the credits for the paper had been sent to Binham instead of Bintree. To be followed up.
- Councillor J. Jones getting information to the community.
- Report from Sarah Coote Youth Worker
- Letter from MP George Freeman.
- Standing Orders
- Asset Register
- Blue clothes bank
The meeting closed at 9 pm the date of the next meeting will be November 22nd at 7 pm.